The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards are offered in single- and dual-port versions, which can be used and then redeployed as network requirements change, thereby addressing several applications:
● T1/E1 data: The Cisco 1- and 2- Port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 versions act as WICs, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and E1 structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote management, these MFT VWIC2 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.
● E1/G.703 data: The Cisco 1- and 2- Port G.703 MFT VWIC2 versions act as WICs, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.
● T1/E1 packet voice: The Cisco 1- and 2- Port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 (voice and WAN) versions act as VICs, supporting packet voice applications by providing T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 connections to private branch exchanges (PBXs) and central offices, thereby enabling new services and reducing voice and fax toll charges.
● Mixed data and packet voice: The Cisco MFT VWIC2 interface cards can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.
● Mixed data and packet voice with drop and insert: The Cisco MFT VWIC2 cards can be deployed as T1/E1 drop-and-insert multiplexers with integrated DSUs/CSUs, reducing the complexity of the network and the cost of the central-office ports by efficiently combining time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice (PBX), IP voice, and data on the same trunks. Note that the Cisco 1721, 1751, and 1760 support drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card, whereas the Cisco 2800 and 3800 ISRs support drop and insert between two ports over a single VWIC2 card and two ports over two different VWICs.
Reduces Networking Lifecycle Costs
● Enables graceful migration from data-only to multiplexed data and voice to packetized voice applications
● Reduces training, deployment, management, and sparing inventory over single-purpose interfaces
● Maximizes investment protection
● Simplifies network configuration and sparing through the support of both T1 and E1 on the same card
● Offers multifunction support for LAN-to-LAN routing, multiplexed data and voice, and packetized voice
● Offers ability to share modules between Cisco 1700, 1800, 2800, and 3700 Series and Cisco 3800 Routers, select Cisco 2600 and 3600 Series Routers, and select network modules (refer to Table 1 for details)
● Increases configuration flexibility and reduces cost for data applications by allowing individual ports to be clocked from independent clock sources (not supported for voice and not supported with ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Module (part number AIM-ATM-VOICE-30) with ATM/Voice Advanced Integration Module (part numbers AIM-ATM, AIM-VOICE-30, and AIM-ATM-VOICE-30)
● Supports E1 configurations for both balanced and unbalanced modes
● Supports (G.703 models) unstructured E1 (G.703) for using the full 2.048 Mbps
● Eliminates costly external third-party CSUs/DSUs and drop-and-insert multiplexers
● Provides optional support of a Cisco MFT Dedicated ECAN Module for demanding network conditions
● Simplifies remote network management by allowing a single management tool such as CiscoView or CiscoWorks to support router, CSU/DSU, or drop-and-insert multiplexer
Maximizes System Resources
هنوز نظری برای این محصول وجود ندارد.